Back to school is just around the corner, if your kids haven’t started already. That means it is time to start packing school lunches again and time to think about what I’m going to eat for my midday meal while the kids are at school.
Something I have been doing lately is grilling chicken ahead of time and keeping it in the fridge for a couple of days to use in various easy lunch meals. I’ve also been stocking the kitchen with pita pockets because I’ve discovered how much I like a “sandwich” stuffed inside pita bread as opposed to regular sandwich bread all of the time.
Pita pocket recipes, like these Grilled Chicken Greek Pita Pockets, are perfect for moms to enjoy at home for lunch while the kids are at school. I love this recipe because most of the ingredients are usually on hand in my pantry or refrigerator.
Grilled Chicken Greek Pita Pockets take almost no time to prepare, especially if you grill the chicken ahead of time. Then, stuff the chicken along with artichoke hearts, baby spinach, cucumber, kalamata olives, roasted red peppers, and feta cheese. Then drizzle with Marzetti®Simply Dressed® Greek Feta Salad Dressing.
So moms, while the kids are away at school, treat yourself to something a little extra special at lunch time and enjoy a few minutes of peace and quiet.
What are your favorite easy lunch solutions?
- 2 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Lemon Vinaigrette
- Artichoke Hearts, quartered
- Baby Spinach
- Sliced Cucumber
- Kalamata Olives
- Roasted Red Peppers, cut into strips
- Feta Cheese
- Marzetti®Simply Dressed® Greek Feta Salad Dressing
- 6 pita bread pockets
- Pour the Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Lemon Vinaigrette over the chicken in a zip top bag and marinate the chicken for 4-6 hours, or overnight. Drain the chicken from the marinade. Grill the chicken over medium heat until done, turning partway through. Allow to cool, and then slice.
- Fill pita pockets with grilled chicken and remaining ingredients, in whatever proportions you prefer. Top with crumbled feta cheese and Marzetti®Simply Dressed® Greek Feta Salad Dressing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 290Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 42mgSodium 495mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 20g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.