Logan has been learning a song called “I am a Pizza” at school, so we decided we would make pizza together for dinner. It has been a few years since I’ve made a pizza at home. We didn’t have time to make the dough, so we bought it from our favorite pizza place, Dion’s, and made the rest ourselves. Logan helped roll out the dough, grated most of the cheese all by himself, and helped me put the toppings on. We just used some things we had on hand for the toppings. I wish we had a can of artichoke hearts to add to it, but we didn’t and I didn’t want to make a special trip to the store. We had lots of fun making the pizza and we sang “I am a Pizza” while we made it, but when it came time to for dinner he didn’t want to eat it. I’m not surprised about that though! It turned out pretty good, but even though the dough was from our favorite place, the crust didn’t come out the same.
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 c jarred roasted red bell peppers, drained sliced
- 16 oz fresh mozzarella, grated
- 1 handful fresh basil, sliced
- tomato paste
- dried basil and oregano
- garlic powder
- pizza dough
- Slice the red onions thin. Saute them in olive oil until they are tender and slightly browned.
- Roll dough out to fit your pan. Spread tomato paste on crust for the sauce and season with dried basil, oregano, and garlic powder. Top with cheese.
- Add basil, red bell peppers, and red onion. Bake at 450 degrees until cheese is melted and dough is cooked.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 216Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 48mgSodium 405mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 15g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.