APR

Southwestern Black Bean Pasta

Beans and Legumes, Main Dish, Pasta, Vegetarian | 6 comments

You’re probably not even missing the recipes posts this week with the Mother’s Day Gift Guide running daily and all those fabulous prizes! Here’s one anyway: Southwestern Black Bean Pasta.

IMG_3333-2

I shared this recipe this morning over at Good (&CHEAP) Eats for Jessica’s Building a Frugal Pantry series. Black beans are definitely a staple in our pantry! Just check out all these recipes I’ve made featuring black beans:

This series that Jessica has going is a great resource for anyone needing a little encouragement and information on how to stock a pantry well, and frugally. My other posts in this series include 5 Grain Pancakes with Flax and Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers.

Marly - April 21, 2010 @ 8:18 pm

That looks delicious…and healthy. What a great combo. Thanks for the inspiration!

begin with a Sunny Outlook - April 21, 2010 @ 10:27 pm

If I only had these ingredients in my kitchen right now, I would make this tonight! Just looking at the picture, I can taste all those savory flavors!

Jessica - April 24, 2010 @ 3:27 am

This looks quite good. I love black beans in just about anything, and the ingredients are ones that I always have on hand. Thanks!jessyburke88@gmail.com

Alli - October 28, 2010 @ 7:14 pm

delicious!! reminded me of a dish from another Texas favorite – Royer’s in Roundtop. I’m hooked on your blog, Katie!

Erica - August 14, 2011 @ 6:27 pm

I made this for my family this evening, and it was excellent. We will be adding it to our recipe book! We are a vegetarian family with three young children, and it is often a challenge to find healthy meals that my kids like.

Ashley - September 14, 2011 @ 5:51 pm

Made this tonight….very delicious! I added 1/2 lb of ground beef and a bit of diced chili pepper, and used Penzey’s Arizona Dreaming for the spices. I froze 4 portions of the sauce, had one for dinner just now, and will have some for lunch tomorrow! Thanks!