This Pumpkin Pudding recipe is the perfect way to celebrate fall! It is easy to prepare, super creamy, and full of all your favorite fall spices. What isn’t to love about this recipe?
Creating This Pumpkin Pudding Recipe
This recipe for pumpkin spice pudding was originally written by a past contributor about 5 years ago. I was looking for a fun and quick recipe to make for the kids for tonight. I decided that this one looked like something they’d all like.
It would be a special treat for them, and a good fall treat since today was actually pretty cool and kind of dreary out. And, most importantly, it wouldn’t take a lot of time for me to prepare.
We have a bunch of these adorable Weck Jars. The kids often use them as juice glasses when they want orange juice or a small smoothie with breakfast.
They are also the perfect shape and size for individual pudding servings! After I made the pumpkin pie pudding, I put it all in cute little Weck Jars. These individual pumpkin pudding jars were too cute to not snap a few new photos of to share.
And since it has been about 5 years since this recipe was published, I thought why not give it a quick update and bring it back to the surface?
I told myself I wouldn’t post any pumpkin recipes until October. But, it is the weekend and it is almost October. And you might want something dessert-y to make over the weekend.
I figured we could celebrate all things pumpkin a few days early and it wouldn’t hurt anyone!
Pumpkin Pudding Ingredients
This recipe is so easy that any of our kids could make it themselves. It is so much easier than making a pan of Homemade Brownies. And it definitely makes less mess than baking cookies!
You’ll need 4 simple ingredients to make this pumpkin pudding recipe. I bet you have most of them already. I only had to buy the pudding mix.
- Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- Evaporated Milk
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
For the complete ingredient list and detailed instructions, scroll to the bottom of this post for the FREE printable recipe card.
How to Make Pumpkin Pudding
As I’ve said already, this pumpkin pudding recipe couldn’t be simpler!
- Add the vanilla pudding mix, evaporated milk, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice blend to the jar of your blender.
- Blend until mixed!
Tip: The Blendtec Blender is my absolute favorite blender. We use it almost every day for all sorts of recipes, including this Easy Pumpkin Pudding.
The above is simply a quick summary of this recipe. Check out the full recipe in the free printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for all the detailed instructions.
Do I Have to Use a Blender?
No, definitely not! You can make the recipe in a mixing bowl with a wire whisk like the instant pudding box instructions tell you to.
That might be a good idea if you don’t trust your kids to operate a blender without some sort of pudding explosion happening all over the kitchen (that has definitely happened before in my kitchen!).
This Easy Pumpkin Pudding is the perfect way to welcome October and the fall season. I am definitely glad to see a few cooler fall days in our forecast!
How to Serve Pumpkin Pudding
After I divided the pudding between individual serving containers. I added a little dollop of whipped cream on top and a sprinkle of the pumpkin pie spice.
You could also top the whipped cream with some shaved chocolate. But these extra steps definitely aren’t necessary.
How to Store Pumpkin Pudding
Store the pumpkin spice pudding in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it. It is best served chilled and will last up to 5 days.
Desserts Using This Pumpkin Pudding
This pumpkin pudding is great as a base for making fun parfaits. Here are a few different pumpkin pudding desserts to get your creative juices flowing!
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pudding Parfaits: Layer cubes of my Easy Homemade Brownies with this pumpkin pudding and whipped cream.
- Cranberry Pumpkin Pudding Parfaits: Layer cubes of Cranberry Pumpkin Bread with this pumpkin pudding, whipped cream, and maybe even some Cranberry Sauce too for a pop of color!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pudding Parfaits: Crumble up Chocolate Chip Cookies and layer the crumbles with whipped cream and pumpkin pudding. Top it off with some mini chocolate chips or shaved chocolate.
- Toffee Pumpkin Pudding Parfaits: Layer cubed Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Toffee Streusel, whipped cream, pumpkin pudding, and chopped up toffee bits. For extra decadence, add some Pumpkin Spice Salted Caramel Sauce!
More Easy Pumpkin Desserts:
Looking for some more tasty ways to enjoy your pumpkin spice this fall? Check out some of these favorite pumpkin recipes, or browse the recipe index archives for even more great recipe ideas:
Be sure to check out these 25 Pumpkin Recipes to Try this Fall, so if like me you have a pumpkin hoarding problem, you now have a very good excuse.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores combine two of our family’s fall favorites treats – pumpkin cookies and roasted marshmallows for a tasty Halloween treat!
Pumpkin Sugar Cookie Bars are a kid favorite. They’re perfect for fall with hints of pumpkin spice flavors.
For a chocolatey after dinner treat, try these homemade Pumpkin Pie Truffles. They are also perfect for holiday gifting!
This recipe for Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Topping is our family’s tried and true pumpkin pie recipe that makes it onto the menu year after year.
These Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake Jars are so good and so easy! They feature yummy layers of gingersnap crust and no-bake pumpkin cheesecake filling.
Love this recipe for Easy Pumpkin Pudding?
Sign up for Good Life Eats email updates and never miss another recipe!
- 1 (15 ounces) can pumpkin purée
- 1 (12 ounces) can low fat evaporated milk
- 1 large box (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Add the pumpkin purée, evaporated milk, instant vanilla pudding mix, and pumpkin pie spice to the blender jar of your blender.
- Place the lid securely on the blender jar. Then, blend the ingredients until the mixture is fully incorporated and thick.
- Transfer the pudding to individual sized serving bowls. If desired, place a dollop of whipped cream on top of each serving and then sprinkle with a little extra pumpkin pie spice. This makes for a nice presentation!
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat.
Pudding can also be prepared by combining all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beating with a wire whisk according to package instructions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 84Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 2mgSodium 246mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 1g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.
Be sure to follow Good Life Eats on Instagram. Tag @goodlifeeats and include the hashtag #goodlifeeatsrecipes so I can see what you’re cooking up in YOUR kitchen!
Click HERE to save this recipe for Easy Pumpkin Pudding to Pinterest!
Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think of it by leaving a comment below.