No picture of this recipe because that’s just how quick these muffins are gone. I will make a point next time to snap a picture and come back and edit this entry. These are so so good, I’m sure I’ll be making them again soon!
- Zest of 2 medium oranges
- Juice of 2 medium oranges
- 3 oz. chocolate, chopped finely (I used a semi-sweet Ghirardelli bar)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12 muffin tins.
- Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy and light yellow. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Mix well.
- Add the buttermilk, juice, and baking soda and powder. Batter will be very liquidy.
- Sprinkle flour and then chocolate over the batter. Fold in gently.
- Bake 20 -25 minutes until golden and springy to touch.
recipe from Pat in Kansas
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 296Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 53mgSodium 256mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 2gSugar 27gProtein 5g
GoodLifeEats.com offers recipe nutritional information as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although GoodLifeEats.com makes every effort to provide accurate information, these figures are only estimates.