Queso Fresco & Chipotle Chicken and Veggie Wraps
I am an official brand advocate for Bel Brands in 2013. While I receive compensation for participation as a brand advocate, opinions are my own.
I‘ve talked a few times about lunch ideas and lunchbox ideas for kids, but what I really need are ideas for my own lunch. I’m busy in the kitchen already with recipe testing, writing, or photographing things for the blog. I don’t usually want to stop doing that so I can make another recipe.
I do eat during the day, but not like I should. And with both kids at school all day during the school year, I don’t have anyone else to share a meal with – what I like most about cooking and eating is doing it with someone else that I love. Instead, I find myself eating lunch alone more often than with a companion.
I often snack on whatever recipe I am working on for the blog that day even though I know that what I really should be doing taking the time to sit down, take a break, and eat a balanced meal.
Wraps are an old idea revisited. I get bored with eating the same thing every day so I try to mix things up. I haven’t done wraps in a while and sometimes they just feel more exciting than a sandwich.
A little something I whipped up this week was a Queso Fresco and Chipotle Chicken and Veggie Wrap. A burrito sized spinach wrap spread with The Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle and topped with various vegetables and some Shredded Tex-Mex Crock-Pot Chicken that I had in the freezer. Tasty and super simple. Writing this post actually took more time than it did to prepare the recipe.
5 Wrap Recipe Ideas for Lunch
Wrap a Salad – instead of eating a plate of salad, stuff all of the ingredients in a wrap.
- Cobb Salad: turkey, lettuce, avocado, chopped hard boiled egg, tomatoes, and bacon
- Caesar Salad: Romaine, parmesan, grilled chicken, caesar dressing
- Chicken or Egg Salad in a wrap
BLT Wrap – Bacon, lettuce, and tomato inside a wrap rather than between bread. Spread mashed avocado or The Laughing Cow® Wedge inside the tortilla wrap.
Veggie Wraps – spread mashed avocado or your favorite The Laughing Cow® Wedge flavor inside the tortilla wrap, then add in whatever vegetables you have in the fridge.
Asian Chicken Wrap – Asian marinated grilled chicken (honey sesame, lime/soy sauce, ginger), lettuce, orange sections, bean sprouts.
Breakfast Wrap – Stuff a wrap with scrambled eggs, vegetables, cheese, sausage/bacon, or anything else you like.
What do you like to eat for lunch?
- 1 spinach tortilla wrap (burrito size)
- 2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle
- Finely chopped cilantro
- Your Choice Diced Vegetable Fillings: avocado, corn, red or orange bell pepper, tomatoes
- Your Choice Protein Fillings: Shredded chicken, black beans
- On one side of the tortilla wrap, spread both of the wedges of The Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle. Arrange your preferred filling ingredients, making sure not to fill the tortilla too full. Starting at one end, tightly roll the tortilla up like a pinwheel. Slice into 2 - 3 inch sections. Hold together with a toothpick if needed. Serve with salsa.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 669 Total Fat 40g Saturated Fat 21g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 12g Cholesterol 99mg Sodium 1570mg Carbohydrates 46g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 4g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 31g