Queso Fresco & Chipotle Chicken and Veggie Wraps
I am an official brand advocate for Bel Brands in 2013. While I receive compensation for participation as a brand advocate, opinions are my own.
I‘ve talked a few times about lunch ideas and lunchbox ideas for kids, but what I really need are ideas for my own lunch. I’m busy in the kitchen already with recipe testing, writing, or photographing things for the blog. I don’t usually want to stop doing that so I can make another recipe.
I do eat during the day, but not like I should. And with both kids at school all day during the school year, I don’t have anyone else to share a meal with – what I like most about cooking and eating is doing it with someone else that I love. Instead, I find myself eating lunch alone more often than with a companion.
I often snack on whatever recipe I am working on for the blog that day even though I know that what I really should be doing taking the time to sit down, take a break, and eat a balanced meal.
Wraps are an old idea revisited. I get bored with eating the same thing every day so I try to mix things up. I haven’t done wraps in a while and sometimes they just feel more exciting than a sandwich.
A little something I whipped up this week was a Queso Fresco and Chipotle Chicken and Veggie Wrap. A burrito sized spinach wrap spread with The Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle and topped with various vegetables and some Shredded Tex-Mex Crock-Pot Chicken that I had in the freezer. Tasty and super simple. Writing this post actually took more time than it did to prepare the recipe.
5 Wrap Recipe Ideas for Lunch
Wrap a Salad – instead of eating a plate of salad, stuff all of the ingredients in a wrap.
- Cobb Salad: turkey, lettuce, avocado, chopped hard boiled egg, tomatoes, and bacon
- Caesar Salad: Romaine, parmesan, grilled chicken, caesar dressing
- Chicken or Egg Salad in a wrap
BLT Wrap – Bacon, lettuce, and tomato inside a wrap rather than between bread. Spread mashed avocado or The Laughing Cow® Wedge inside the tortilla wrap.
Veggie Wraps – spread mashed avocado or your favorite The Laughing Cow® Wedge flavor inside the tortilla wrap, then add in whatever vegetables you have in the fridge.
Asian Chicken Wrap – Asian marinated grilled chicken (honey sesame, lime/soy sauce, ginger), lettuce, orange sections, bean sprouts.
Breakfast Wrap – Stuff a wrap with scrambled eggs, vegetables, cheese, sausage/bacon, or anything else you like.
What do you like to eat for lunch?
- 1 spinach tortilla wrap (burrito size)
- 2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle
- Finely chopped cilantro
- Your Choice Diced Vegetable Fillings: avocado, corn, red or orange bell pepper, tomatoes
- Your Choice Protein Fillings: Shredded chicken, black beans
- On one side of the tortilla wrap, spread both of the wedges of The Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle. Arrange your preferred filling ingredients, making sure not to fill the tortilla too full. Starting at one end, tightly roll the tortilla up like a pinwheel. Slice into 2 - 3 inch sections. Hold together with a toothpick if needed. Serve with salsa.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 669Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 99mgSodium 1570mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 31g